Asking these questions will help you to determine whether the resources you find are credible and reliable.
- Who created the page? Does the person or organization have the appropriate credentials?
- Why was this site created? What is the purpose of the site? For example, is it sponsored by a company that has a financial interest in the topic?
- When was the page created and/or last updated? How current is the information?
- Does the author cite trustworthy sources? How does the author support their argument?
- How does this site compare to resources your professor recommends or assigns?