- To be a responsible scholar by giving credit to other researchers and acknowledging their ideas.
- To avoid plagiarism by quoting words and ideas used by other authors.
- To allow your reader to track down the sources you used by citing them accurately in your paper by way of a Reference list.
MBU Policy on Plagiarism
Academic dishonesty jeopardizes the academic integrity of the University and is not keeping with Christian principles. It is considered to be a serious offense. Missouri Baptist University expects students to attach their names only to work or research which they have done themselves. Materials and sources must be properly documented. Students must prepare original work and research, present their own reports and papers, and take examinations without any assistance or aids not expressly permitted in the testing procedure. Read more ...
What Is a Citation Guide?
A citation guide specifies guidelines for formatting manuscripts and using the English language in writing. It provides writers with a system for referencing their sources in their essays and works cited pages.
How To Cite?
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association It is the gold standard for writing, formatting and citation in the field of counseling.) Print copies are available at the library circulation desk.
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (from the OWL at Purdue) This OWL resources will help you learn how to use the American Psychological Association (APA) citation and format style. This section contains resources on in-text citation and the Reference page, as well as APA sample papers, slide presentations, and the APA classroom poster.
- Frequently Asked Questions About APA Style This website provides complete style guidelines and should be consulted first in all matters concerning APA Style®, but these FAQs will help clarify frequent areas of confusion.
- Citation Machine™ automatically generates citations in MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, and thousands more!
- Do check your citation carefully to make sure it is correct.